Thursday, August 7, 2008

A Few Shots from Presque Isle with my New Lens


Well, I finally got my replacement lens and thought I'd take it to one of my favorite places, Presque Isle State Park, to do some test shots. Although nothing like spring migration, there were still a few birds about and plenty of damsel and dragon flies (and pesky mosquitoes). It felt great to get out and walk around the various trails; I hit Old Gas Well, Sidewalk and Pine Tree trails on Saturday. Before I started birding I didn't even know they existed which is sad because I could've been enjoying them for 30 more years than I have. Now I make it a point to show and tell others about these trails and most of them, like me, didn't know anything about them.

Hubby and I are headed to Put-In-Bay (another of my favorite places) this weekend for out annual anniversary-slash-vacation trip. Hope to get some nice shots there to share here next week!


A Great Crested Flycatcher perched above Old Gas Well Trail.A belted kingfisher hovers over the marsh along Sidewalk Trail.Mrs. Belted Kingfisher always gets her fish!

This little Red Squirrel was really making big noise along Pine Tree Trail.

Yep, it's exactly what you think it is.

A dragonfly plays peek-a-boo with me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great photos! It's amazing how much you can see when a person pays attention to the great things around them. Presque Isle really is a treasure.

NCmountainwoman said...

Wonderful photos with the new lens. I especially love the kingfisher in flight.

Leedra said...

Like them all. But I think the Kingfisher hovering is awesome. Glad you got your new lens.

Unknown said...

Hey Michele so glad you got your new lens. Hope you guys didn't get rained on to much this weekend.

I know what you mean about the trails at PI. Wish I had known years ago also.