Thursday, June 26, 2008

Wholly Macro in Wholly Natural Today

As you may have noticed, I've made some changes to the blog, most noteably, the name. "Michele's Phlog" was too generic and didn't really let potential readers know what to expect. I came up with "Wholly Natural" because it's a better descriptor of my aim for the blog and as I emerge from being wholly immersed in nature I hope to splash you all with at least a little of what I've seen and learned:)

Of late, I've had the opportunity to do some macro photography which I find very exciting yet aggravating. Birds and mammals are hard enough to capture as they move about, but bugs are, well, buggers!! There's also that issue with limited depth of field but, as with my telephotography, I'm working on it.

A very small bee gathering pollen.

A baby grasshopper (on the mystery flower)?


Another small bee happy for some pollen!















A pair of tiger beetles playing leapfrog.


P.S. If anyone can identify the purple flower above, I would greatly appreciate it. As it is, I have the best minds in the botany business working on it:) Thanks Linda and Jerry!

4 comments:

NCmountainwoman said...

Can't help with the flower identification, but I surely love the pictures of the little insects.

Unknown said...

Hey Michele
I'm back and trying to get grounded. Ha
sorry to hear about your grandson. Hope all is well now and he is recovering or recovered.
I'm loving the macro shots. I need to get a macro lens. Maybe with all this work I am doing I can get one soon.
I'll let you know when things calm down a bit so you can take me around the gully. Have a good day.

MicheleRF said...

Thanks Toni. My grandson is doing much better. Found that the other oriole nest I was watching has chicks now so more oriole updates ahead:)

Leedra said...

GREATTTTTTTTTTTT macro shots. Like your blog, will be visiting as time permits.